One of the magazines interviewed me about Careers (mine in particular) and after I’d cast my mind back to my brief sojourn in the corporate world, in the course of the conversation I ended up recommending quite a few books.
So, if you still work at a job, I thought I would share my Top Ten Career Books with you. (If you would like to see my Top 30 Business Books for Entrepreneurs, scroll down)
From how to take 100% responsibility for yourself, through to coping with change, to delivering value as if you were a top Intrapreneur, if you absorb these lessons, I promise your career will fly.
Even if you are not yet a manager or leader of people in your job, it’s good to read these books to find out what makes your manager or boss tick!
TOP 10 CAREER BOOKS
1. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
2. The E-Myth Manager by Michael Gerber
3. The Portable Coach : 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success by Thomas J. Leonard
4. The One Minute Manager by Ph.D. Kenneth Blanchard, M.D. Spencer Johnson
5. Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson, Kenneth H. Blanchard
6. Synchronicity: The Inner Path Of Leadership by Joseph Jaworski
7. Swimming With Pirahnas Makes You Hungry by Colin Turner
8. Take Yourself To The Top by Laura Berman Fortgang
9. Orbiting the Giant Hairball : A Corporate Fool’s Guide to Surviving with Grace by Gordon MacKenzie
10. How To Get Everything Done (And Still Have Time To Play) by Mark Forster
Bonus Book: Love Is The Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends by Tim Sanders.
If you are a solopreneur, or small business owner, keep your eyes peeled next week as my Top 30 Business Books for Entrepreneurs is coming next week.
Have I missed any career books off? If you have read one that’s made a difference to you life, let me know in the comments below! I can always extend it to Twenty!
Author, Speaker, Podcaster &
Digital Marketing Consultant
YouTube | Instagram | LinkedIn
P.S. Just getting started? The best way is to download one of my books! 'The Money Gym' and ‘The Money Gym: 21 Best Money Tips’ getting a grip of your money, and 'Attract 2.0' for marketing your business online. More info here.
When you are ready and you know you need more help, simply upgrade your subscription here and get access to exclusive content, my private Telegram group and regular Zoom calls.
If you are a business owner and need help with your digital marketing, simply visit ClicksAndLeads.com